Any defect that is attributable to a manufacturing or assembly defect under normal use is covered by your warranty. This provision applies for a period of 4 years or 100 000 km, whichever comes first, no mileage limitation for the first year.WHEN DOES THE WARRANTY BEGIN
The warranty period begins from the date the vehicle is registered.
SURFACE RUST AND PAINTWORK
The warranty offers 4 years of cover for surface rust and paint defects appearing on any of the painted body panels due to a fault in material or workmanship. There is no mileage restriction on this.
Six years of coverage is provided against body panel perforation (i.e.any holes through the bodywork from inside to outside) due to corrosion that is attributable to faults in material or workmanship. This excludes the chassis. Again, there is no mileage restriction.
The warranty offers three years cover for your vehicle battery with only 50% cover in the third year. There is no mileage restriction on this.
ARE THERE ANY CHARGES FOR REPAIRS TO MY LEXUS CARRIED OUT UNDER WARRANTY
No. Your Lexus Centre will carry out any repairs covered under these warranties at no charge for parts or labour. Lexus may decide whether parts should be repaired or replaced.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF THE WARRANTY
You are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and instructions, as set out in the Owner's Manual. Failure to do so, may invalidate the warranty for maintenance-related items. You should keep all records necessary to prove that such maintenance has been performed. You are obliged to present your vehicle to a Lexus Centre as soon as possible in the event of defects requiring warranty work. This is to prevent defects from escalating and requiring more extensive repair than would originally have been needed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I SELL MY LEXUS
The warranty on the vehicle is transferable should the vehicle be sold, providing that:
- An authorised Lexus dealer certifies in writing that all prescribed services have been carried out in compliance with the warranty conditions
- The sale is made by an authorised Lexus dealer
- The sale is a private non-vatable transaction
Your Lexus dealer will complete a warranty transfer inspection document. The inspection costs are for the new owner's account at one hour labour cost. A copy of the transfer inspection document approved by the Lexus dealer is the proof of warranty to the new owner.SERVICE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
On service parts and accessories, the warranty covers 1 year unlimited km for any service parts and accessories that are fitted within the workshop. The warranty covers all parts and labour costs.
COUNTER SALES PARTS
For all parts purchased over the counter, the warranty covers 1 year unlimited km's for full parts only.
LEXUS MAINTENANCE AND SERVICING
The Lexus Distance Plan is designed to give you, the motorist, a value-added product that supports your needs by containing motoring costs. The Lexus Distance Plan offers all Lexus customers access to service at any Lexus Dealership in South Africa and Lexus Dealerships in Namibia and Botswana.WHAT DOES THE LEXUS DISTANCE PLAN COVER
- Distance Plan: The cost of parts and labour for all Lexus specified scheduled services up to 4 years/100 000kms, whichever comes first.
- Distance Plan Plus (Dependent on model): In addition, Distance Plan Plus covers the costs of replacing brake pads up to 4 years/100 000kms, whichever comes first.
- Distance Plan Complete (Dependent on model): In addition to Distance Plan Plus, Distance Plan Complete covers all mechanical components repaired or replaced due to normal wear and tear up to 4 years/100 000kms, whichever comes first.
WHAT DOES THE LEXUS DISTANCE PLAN NOT COVER
- Obtaining fuel
- Engine top up of oil and other lubricants and service items required between routine servicing of the vehicle
- Tyres, wheel alignment and wheel balancing
- Non-Lexus approved additives
- Paint/ body/ trim repairs
- Alterations and modifications
- Driver abuse/ negligence or unreasonable use including any form of competition
- Insurance related claims and repairs
- Accident damage
- Rattles and Squeaks
- Cleaning of fuel system
- Cracked or broken glass
- Expenses incurred at non-Lexus dealers
- Flood, riot, weather and fire damage
- Engine tuning
- Repairs or damage as a result of non-compliance to service requirements or warranty obligations
- Damage incurred through the vehicle having been driven with insufficient engine lubricants or coolant
- Any claims arising outside the borders of South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland or Botswana
- Items requiring replacement as a result of severe operating conditions will be for the customer's account. The severe operating schedule is not covered in the Maintenance Plan
All servicing must be carried out according to the specified service intervals stipulated in the vehicle's Book of Life to ensure that the Lexus Distance Plan and the vehicle's warranty remains valid.
All Lexus owners have the option to upgrade or extend the Lexus Distance Plan. Lexus offers our customers various options in terms of choice of cover, dependent on individual requirements. For more information on various upgrade options, please contact your nearest dealer. The inception date of the Lexus Distance Plan will be the same as the inception date of the vehicle's warranty. The same applies to all demonstration vehicles sold by a Lexus Dealership.
LEXUS ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
A Lexus has everything it needs for a complete driving experience. Perhaps the very simplicity of this stance explains why our cars so often come out on top in surveys conducted into owner satisfaction.
Of the many reasons given in such surveys, one characteristic gets a consistent mention. Reliability. However, even the legendary reliability of a Lexus can be affected by a puncture. That's why, as an owner, you receive complimentary Lexus Roadside Assistance.
This support programme will help you wherever you venture 24 hours a day. In an emergency, Lexus will do everything to make sure you get to your planned destination.
This Roadside Assistance Programme is applicable to all Lexus models within the Lexus Maintenance Plan of 4 years/ 100 000 km, whichever comes first:
- Out of fuel assistance
- Jump-start service
- Changing of flat tyre
- Key Lockout service
- Towing of your vehicle to the nearest approved dealer or competent repairer in the event of a mechanical/electrical breakdown, should a roadside repair not be possible
- Message relay service
- Car hire
- Hotel Accomodation
- Emergency Medical Rescue
- Accident towing
- If your vehicle becomes immobile or if you experience a medical emergency, please phone this number:
0800 021 277- Toll Free (South Africa only) or
011 799 1655
The Roadside Assistance programme has been carefully organised to make sure that your motoring is as carefree as possible. Meticulous quality control during the manufacture of your vehicle makes it unlikely that you will experience a problem. However, if you do require assistance, help is only a phonecall away.PLEASE NOTE:
- The Roadside Assistance Programme is applicable in South Africa and Namibia only.
- Certain terms, conditions and limitations apply. Please contact the above toll-free number for details.
- All medication costs will be for your own account.
WHEN CALLING US PLEASE SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:VEHICLE MODEL AND VIN NUMBER
These details can be found on the inside front cover of the Book of Life and on the manufacturer's plate on the left hand "B" pillar (between front and rear passenger doors and the windscreen).